Note:An entry for Gift Cards is pre-built in the system. Do not delete this option. To get started we recommend setting up the first department as “Gift Cards".
The order in which these must be set is:
3. Product & Service Items.
1. Go to Settings>Product Departments.
2. The first time using your system you may see a pop up that reads: You have not selected a default department”. Select “Ok”.
You must set 1 department as the default to avoid getting the “no default set” pop up. To set a department as the default select the X under the heading “Default” located on the far right side of the page. The X will change to a check mark. You are able to change the default after adding other departments by simply selecting the X under the Default heading beside the department you want the default to be.
3. Select “New Department”.
4. Enter the "Name" of one of the departments e.g. Products another Department could be Services.
5. Select the "Tax Type" from the drop down menu. Taxes would have previously been set up under Settings>General>System>Accounting>Tax section.
6. If you are setting up a "Service" department, select "Yes" or "No" for "Service Based Items". If you want a practitioners signature to appear on invoices you must select "Yes".
Categories are used to assign to departments.
Third Party Insurance: If your patients have different types of category coverage, create categories so that you can assign the correct amount of insurance per category. For example: Chiropractic, Massage, Orthotics, Acupuncture etc.
Notes: 1. You must set up at least 1 Category to link a Product department to.
1. Go to Settings>Product Categories>New Category.
2. Enter a Category name, for example Chiropractic or Massage.
3. From the "Department" field select the Department that relates to the Category you are creating.
Department is Service / Category is Massage
Department is Products / Category is Orthotics
4. Type a Description (optional). If you have the portal enabled this description will appear to patients under the service. Please note that copying and pasting may input symbols within the description after Saving. To remove the symbols, hover of the item, select Edit, delete the symbols then Save.
5. You can check off 1 of the 2 HCAI related fields for Ontario clinics only.
6. Check the "Commissionable" box if you want the category to be globally commissioned then Save.
Now that you've set up Departments and Categories you can go ahead and start setting up Products and Services.