What is Google Analytics?
Google Analytics (or GA4) is a free tool from Google that enables you to measure traffic and user engagement across your websites and apps. This helps you better understand the customer journey through your website and/or app.
Juvonno's GTM Integration
Using Juvonno's GTM integration, you can set up GA4 to track user behavior on your online Patient Portal, including button clicks, page views, and form submissions.
Setting Up Google Analytics for the Patient Portal
Step 1: Create a New Google Analytics Account and/or New GA4 Property
Create a Google Analytics account and/or add a new Google Analytics 4 Property by following these instructions from Google.
Step 2: Add a GA4 Tag to your GTM container
- Click Add a New Tag from the Workspace Overview.
- Name your new tag.
- Then click Tag Configuration and select Google Analytics > Google Tag.
- Under Tag ID you'll need to locate your Measurement ID which you'll find in your GA4 account under Settings > Data Streams and selecting the respective data stream.
- Copy your Measurement ID and paste it into the Tag ID field in GTM.
- Select Triggering.
- Select All Pages and click Save.
Step 3: Publish your container
- Click Submit.
- Give your submission version a Name and a Description.
- Click Publish.
To ensure your Google Tag is firing properly, you can click Preview and follow the prompts. After you've ensured your configuration works, you'll find data beginning to flow into your Google Analytics account as users are entering your clinic's patient portal.
Further Reading: How to Set Up the Google Tag Manager Integration