Speech-to-text technologies allow users to dictate directly in Google Chrome's websites and accurately transcribe the user’s speech to text instantaneously.
While there are more than a few (paid) options available to enable voice-to-text when adding chart notes, here's one of Google Chrome's extensions that is free, well-rated and effective.
How to install Voice In Voice Typing
1) Add the Chrome Extension here by selecting Add to Chrome.
2) When asked, Allow Microphone permission to Voice In Voice typing.
Note: If this permission window doesn’t appear, click the icon in the address bar.
Otherwise, follow the steps here to ensure permissions are granted.
How to use Voice In Voice Typing
1) Drop-Down Menu > “Start Recording”
In any text-field of any website, right-click and select Start Recording.
2) When finished, enter the right-click menu again, and choose Stop Recording.
How to change a site's microphone permissions
- Open Chrome .
- At the top right, click More Settings.
- At the bottom, click Advanced.
- Under "Privacy and security," click Site settings.
- Click Microphone.
- Turn Ask before accessing to on.