Below are the system defaults that must be set up in order to edit an invoice.
1) Settings > General > System > Accounting:
Edit Direct-billed Invoices must be enabled
2) Settings > User Types:
Edit 100% Insurance Invoices must be enabled
3) Once the above is enabled for the user, invoices can be edited as long as:
▪ No Payment as been applied towards the invoice
▪ The invoice is not part of a split (i.e. Insurance/Patient)
▪ The invoice is not part of a print batch
▪ The invoice is not within a locked period
▪ The invoice is not due to a claim
▪ The invoice was not processed with a 3rd-party biller i.e. Telus / BCHealth
4) To edit the invoice, navigate to Accounting > Invoice Search or use the quick search to do so by Invoice Item Number. Click the icon to the left of the item and select Edit invoice.
5) Patient Profile > History > Invoices Tab
Select an invoice's menu and choose Edit Invoice