Dispensing (creating an order)
1. Go to Accounting>Dispensing.
Note: After entering the patients name you will see several other tabs that contain patient information.
Purchase History, Prescriptions, Contact Lens Care.
2. Creating the Order
You can select a prescription that was already created in they system using the "Load Rx" field drop down options.
3. The details of the prescription will populate.
4. Select the Index and Material. This information is very important these entries are used in searches to filter the lenses.
5. Frames (1) Enter a frame.
6. Select Lenses. When there's a red Options button you need to select an option.
7. Click Done at the bottom of the page. The options button will turn green.
8. Select Copy for the 2nd eye if it’s identical.
9. You also have the option at the bottom of the form to order a Part.
10. Select Add Glasses, Add Contact Lenses, Add Part depending on the patients needs then Checkout.
If the order is not being paid for you can "Suspend" the order until the patient partially or fully pays for the item.
If the patient wants to wait to place their order or cannot provide a partial or fully pay for the order you can Suspend (save the order). When the patient is ready to continue with the order go to Accounting>Dispensing>Suspended Transactions. Click the blue icon to the left of the item and select Continue Transaction.
Dispensing/Contact Lens Care tab
You can fit and refit from this page. Some clinics have patients try lenses called "Trial Sets".
1. Under the Trials section, click the Go button.
2. Select a set of lenses for a patient to test.
3. If the prescription needs to be changed select New Trial.
4. Once you have selected the correct fit, set it as the default.
5. When you’re ready to set up the order to sell the item the system pulls the default contact lens as the order.