There are several ways to add discounts for Products & Services.
1. Patient Profile, Discounts tab (does not indicate "discount" on the invoice).
2. Settings, General, Promotions (does not indicate "discount" on the invoice).
3. Settings Products & Services, Create a P&S Item called Discounts. When creating the invoice use the Discount Item as a line item with a negative balance (-$20.00) to show the discount on the invoice.
Assign Discounts to Product/Service, Category, or Department.
How to Create a Discount per Patient:
1) Navigate to Patients Profile > Discounts tab
2) Select Add New
3) Choose from the Type drop-down menu what the discount will be applied towards
4) If applying a discount to a specific product or service, enter the associated Item number
5) Set the Allowed Quantity (Note: 0 = Unlimited)
6) Enter in an End Date (if applicable)
7) Enter in the value based on the kind of discount
(i.e. based on an amount to remove from the total, a percentage to be removed from the total or a set value to replace the total altogether)
8) The next appointment scheduled for the patient with the discounted product or service added will replace the total with an updated price
The Quantity will count against any items sold within the start date and end date.
How to Create Discounts using Patient Groups:
Note: You are only able to assign a patient to a single Group at a time.
1. Go to Settings>Patient Groups>Add New Group.
2. Type in the Group name and other details that apply then Save.
3. Go to Settings>Products & Services.
4. Click the blue item to the left of the item you want to add a Patient Group Discount, select Edit.
5. Click the Patient Group Prices tab. Click the blue icon to the left of the item and select Edit.
6. Enter the total discount price to the Override field and Save.
7. Now go to the Patients Profile. On the General tab select the group from the drop-down options in the "Group" field located on the top right side of the page then Save.
8. When you complete and invoice the item attached to that group the patient will receive a discount.