The system has a pre-built Gift Card item under Products & Services. If you want to charge taxes when the purchaser buys the gift card you must include the taxes in the total of the gift card or the patient redeeming the gift card will owe the taxes at the time of checking out.
1. Patients profile: Go to the Patients profile>History>Credits tab.
2. To view all gift cards in your system: Go to Home>$Accounting>Gift Card section>Gift Cards.
How to create a Gift Card you give as a Donation
How to create a Gift Card for a Product & Service
1. No tax to purchaser: Typically when a customer purchases a Gift Card you would charge tax. You would create a gift card in the amount of the Product & Service only.
The client would pay the taxes upon checking out.
2. Including tax to purchaser: To set up a gift card for a Product & Service ensure the amount of the gift card includes taxes exactly to the penny or when the patient checks out they will owe the taxes.
Example Gift card for an item with Tax included at time of purchase:
1. Create a Product & Service Eg. Item #1
2. Department: Massage.
3. Category: Gift Card (the gift card feature is built into the Gift Card Category).
4. Name: 30 Minute Massage
5. Retail: $50.00
6. Tax: set the correct tax field - select the correct tax for your clinic from the drop-down options.
When this item is invoiced it will calculate $2.50 for tax. Therefore the total at check out would be $52.50 which is the total of the Gift Card your going to create below.
Now you're going to create the Gift Card for that Product & Service.
1. Select Product & Services>New Item.
2. Set the Department to Massage.
3. Set the Category to Gift Card.
4. Name: 30 Minute Massage Gift Card.
5. Retail: $52.50
6. Set the Tax field to No TAX because the Tax is included then Save.
The recipient of the gift card calls to book an appointment using the gift card.
1. Select Item #1 - 30 minute massage $50.00.
2. Client finishes the appointment, Complete and Invoice. The total of the appointment will be $52.50.
3. Select the Payment Type as Gift Card, select the Gift Card number and Save. The client owes nothing.
4. The invoice shows the client paid using the Gift Card.
How to create a Gift Card for a dollar amount
When creating a gift card for a dollar figure do not include tax.
Example of how to set up the Product & Service Gift Card:
1. Create a new Product & Service.
2. Set the Department, for example, Massage.
3. Set the Category to Gift Card.
4. Name: Gift Card.
5. Set the Tax field to NO TAX. The patient will pay the tax upon checking out.
NOTE: You can include tax in the total of the gift card upon purchase if you wish.
Invoicing a Gift Card
You do not have to create an appointment to create a gift card. You can use the Quick Invoice option to create the card in a few clicks.
1. Go to the Home page.
2. Select the "Billing" tab.
3. Click the Quick Invoice button located in the top right corner of the page.
1. Go to the $ Accounting tab, "Invoice Search".
3. Click the "New Quick Invoice" button located in the top right corner of the page.
2. If the person you are creating the gift card for is already a patient you can go ahead and start typing their name in the Name field. If the person is not a patient you can select the "New" from the drop-down arrow at the end of the Name field. Input the required fields and Save.
3. Select the practitioner.
4. Enter a note if you like. Example: This gift card is to thank you for all your hard work.
5. Under the Product & Services section select the Gift Card product and service item.
6. A popup will open where you can enter a gift card number or select "Cancel" to allow the system to automatically generate a gift card number for you. The gift card number will print out on the receipt.
TIP: You can purchase pre-printed gift cards from office supplies stores, enter the gift card number on the card and give that card to the purchaser.
7. Enter the total dollar amount if you haven't set a dollar amount.
8. Select "Checkout". The "Receive Payment" popup will open. Select the type of payment type.
9. Select "Save" then confirm the amount. The invoice will be available for printing.
TIP: To view the Gift Card, go to the Patients Profile>History>Credit tab.
How to create a gift card/certificate without a name on it
If you want to create a gift card without a name, for example, someone wants to purchase a gift card for a friend who is not a patient.
1. Create a patient profile entering the first and last name as "Gift Card".
2. Go to Home>$Accounting>Billing>Quick Invoice.
3. In the patient field enter "Gift Card".
4. A popup will open allowing you to enter your own gift card number or you can select "Cancel" to allow the system to automatically generate a gift card number for you. The gift card number will print out on the receipt.
5. Select the practitioner.
6. Enter a note if you like.
7. Under the Item # select "Gift Card" as the product & service.
8. Enter the total dollar amount then "Checkout". The "Receive Payment" popup will open.
9. Select the payment type, "Save" and confirm the amount. The receipt will open to give to the purchaser.
10. To see the gift card on the patient profile, go to the Patients Profile you created the gift card for.
11. Select History>Credits tab.
From the Patient Profile
1. Go to Patients Profile>History>Credits tab.
2. Click the blue icon to the left of the Gift Card you want to reimburse and select reimburse from the options.
3. Select the type of payment you are reimbursing.
4. The gift card total will show a $0.00 balance.
From the Gift Card Section
1. From the Gift Card section. Go to Home>$Accounting>Gift Cards.
2. Do a search for the Gift Card. Click the blue icon to the left of the item and select Reimburse.
How to Void a Gift Card
1. Go to Home>Accounting>Gift Cards.
2. Do a search for the Gift Card. Click the blue icon to the left of the item and select Void.
Gift Cards used as Donations